Our client is a rapidly expanding US e-commerce business and they are looking for a VP of Sourcing based in Hong Kong to head up the sourcing business. This person lead a team of 15+ staff in Southern China including sourcing, quality and logistics function, reporting to the VP based in US.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan, organize, lead, and partner with all third -party production facilities/factories/distribution facilities ensuring best-in-class costing, regulatory compliance, quality, warehousing and distribution resulting in an international distribution strategy that aligns to the company's strategic growth plan delivering on cost, quality and service objectives across distribution centers.
- Develop and execute global strategies leveraging supplier innovation & design support.
- Own and drive day-to-day supplier cost, delivery, and quality and supplier Facilitate supplier discussions to support material flow, projects, and cost reduction objectives.
- Lead in the development and formulation of long and short-range capacity and network planning, including a thoughtfully developed factory matrix that supports short and long- term growth agenda. Review and plan vendor capacity vs. forecast and actual plan.
- Develop and establish procedures and processes for maintaining high standards of established customer and company quality standards at the most economical/efficient cost.
- Formulate manufacturing policies and programs that improve the competitive position and the profitability of the Company.
To succeed in this key role you will have at least 15 years experience working in the sourcing space.
- Fluent in English is a Must
- Willing to travel to China, US and Europe (Around 50%)
- Previous experience in handling US market is a Must
- Previous experience in handling home products such as kitchenware, bathroom, home textile, home storage, home décor etc will be required
- Highly motivated to work in a fast pace, dynamic company with passion to achieve exceptional results
- Results driven, analytical, self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to logically identify alternative solutions or approaches to complex problems
- Strong collaboration skills and gold standard commitment to working with USA organization to achieve collective success
Interested individuals can click apply now and send updated resume (in WORD format) to Athena Tse for further information.
For a more comprehensive list of current opportunities, please visit www.connectedgroup.com