Our client, an esteemed regional corporate bank, is looking for VP- KYC/ AML Controls under middle office. This incumbent will be reported to the department head directly.
- Supervise a team to perform account maintenance and trigger events by KYC reviews to ensure full compliance with rules and regulations
- Administer on-going KYC review maintenance of account documentation and other account servicing functions
- Ensure quality of KYC review by verifying completeness and validity of CDD documents and appropriateness of AML/CFT risk assessment. Communicate the results to internal and external stakeholders, in particular BUs and Compliance. Ensure approvals as stipulated in the AML/CFT policies and procedures are obtained
- Identify process and control deficiencies and enhance respective risk mitigating control procedures
- Formulate, implement and review Policy and Procedures on regulatory compliance of customer account and administration
- Rectify deficiencies identified by Group Audit, Risk, Compliance, Regulators, or self-assessment.
- Escalate suspicious / key AML risk identified to the appropriate personnel (e.g. Head of AML / KYC control team, Head of CFS, BU Heads, AML Compliance) where applicable
- Acting as project manager of AML /CFT related projects. Ensure projects are implemented in accordance with defined timeline, aligned with group policies & practice as well as compliance with group and local regulatory requirements
- University graduated in Finance, Business Administration or relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 8 years' relevant experience in KYC and client due diligence gained from wholesales banking business with at least 3 years in managerial position.
- Holder of Certificate of Anti-Money Laundering Professional (CAMLP) or equivalent
- Well versed in AML & KYC regulatory requirements and practice
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese