Technical Sales Manager APAC (B2B; Engineering)
Our client is a privately held, venture backed company headquartered in San Francisco, California. They build high-resolution 3D LIDAR sensors for use in autonomous vehicles, robotics, drones, mapping, mining, defense, and more.
This is a key position reporting directly into the General Manager, APAC to sell and gain adoption in a variety of sectors - automotive/AV, industrial automation, surveying/mapping, drones, universities and more.
We're looking for someone who can handle technical content but also willing to be an all-arounder/jack-of-all-trades with a "whatever it takes to get the job done" mentality. You'll be part of a start-up/fast-moving environment that requires you to be autonomous, flexible and resourceful - and have incredible opportunity for professional growth.
- Engage in full sales cycle process with the mid market customers across verticals: from lead identification, to networking to decision makers and influences, to pitching in a technically credible manner, to evaluation/pilot, integration, design win, and production.
- Balance customer accounts; be accountable to aggressive sales goals to help rapidly grow the business; triage and balance customer needs and resources appropriately to maintain healthy cost of sales.
- Establish regular check-in cadence and engagement with customers commensurate to pipeline needs
- Serve as primary relationship holder with key account decision makers and influencers - work with customer success, and field application engineering teams to manage existing customer relationships, including answering customer questions of technical or non-technical nature to ensure successful sensor deployments.
- Cross-sell throughout existing customer relationships, leveraging successes on existing projects to find new ones within the same organization
- Attend trade shows to engage with potential and existing customers
- Identify new customer requirements and communicate to product management and requirements engineering teams
- Be highly responsive to customer needs and work cross-functionally internally to satisfy customer and grow relationship
- Maintain internal reporting/forecasting for business operations and finance teams.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in an engineering field
- 2-5 years of sales and/or business development experience
- Track record for exceeding sales and/or business development goals.
- MUST have experience/knowledge in sensors and the basis of the technology.
- Technically Proficient: Motivated to learn more about company technology and products at more than a surface level. Never gives the answer "you'll need to talk to the technical team for that" more than once for a topic. Becomes a technical expert on any relevant area needed, and able to proficiently describe technical concepts to external parties.
- Project management experience. Track record of effectively delivering impactful projects in fast-moving environment with ability to influence at all levels and work effectively across functions and geographies.
- Startup experience or startup mentality. Lead cross-functionally and get things done in a scrappy and hands-on way.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to develop customer and market insights.
- Love and deep understanding of technology. Passion for innovation.
Interested parties please send across your updated CV in word format with current and expected salary to Alexandra Leung