Listed on the London Stock Exchange, this fast moving manufacturing business is recognised as the industry leader in its field. It has sales operations in over 100 countries globally and employs over 20,000 people. Its largest division is over 100 years old and has revenues double the size of its nearest competitor. Its smallest division by comparison, is pioneering new products every year and growing at an incredibly fast rate in both primary and emerging markets.
Reporting into the Global Head of Tax in the UK, you will manage the tax affairs for North Asia. With a particular focus on China and Vietnam, you will also manage tax projects in Hong Kong, South Korea, Singapore and several other jusistictions. This position is ideally suited to an experienced international tax professional, with deep knowledge of Chinese tax issues. Working closely with a wide variety of non-tax stakeholders, it is essential that you are able to manage multiple projects and explain complex tax issues in plain speak. You will possess excellent language skills and will be fluent in Mandarin and English.
In return for your expertise, you will be rewarded with autonomy, decision making responsibility and a first class compensation package.
International Tax Planning:
- Manage and deliver any tax planning opportunities for the Asia region
- Develop tax planning initiatives and present the ideas to the Global Head of Tax
- Manage and develop robust documentation to support the implemented planning strategy
- Develop and implement planning initiatives to minimise WHT suffered in the worldwide group.
Tax Strategy & Business Partnering:
- Provide assistance to local management with tax audits
- Work with local management to ensure all necessary legal documentation is in place to support any inter-company charges or trading arrangements
- Keeping senior management up to date with changing tax legislation in the region
- Provision of tax support to local M&A activity
- Provision of strategic advice on appropriate tax finance structure for new investments
- Monitoring local tax compliance and developing and maintaining a central database to ensure tax compliance is monitored and the region is up to date with all necessary filings
- Work with Treasury in repatriating funds back to the UK in the most tax efficient manner
- Advice on new opportunities to repatriate cash to Corporate e.g. branding fees, franchising fees, technological knowhow transfer fee
- Working on rationalising the Group structure in the Region.
- Work with other centres of excellence to ensure consistency of transfer pricing documentation
- Support the Global Tax Team with the development of transfer pricing policy and maintain transfer pricing documentation to cover charges made to overseas operations
- Develop and maintain a regional transfer pricing monitor database
- Monthly cash tax rolling forecast for projected cash tax payments compared to plan.
- Monthly rolling forecast of inter-company payments and liability to withholding taxes.
- Preparation of regional tax accounts for quarter end, half year and full year
- Completion of the annual UK Controlled Foreign Company Reporting for the region
- Reconciliation of nominal and effective income tax rate.
Cash Tax Management:
- Monthly management of cash tax payments for the Group against plan and forecast
- Provide a commentary of cash tax paid versus plan
- Develop a system whereby all cash tax payments are pre-approved prior to payment
- Maximise the recovery of previously overpaid tax balances.
- Qualified Tax Adviser, Accountant or Lawyer
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- Extensive cross border international tax planning experience
- Proven track record of managing tax issues in Asia
- Strong commercial understanding
- Ability to identify tax risks and communicate practical solutions in plain language
- Light travelling will be required
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the world's leading organisations that offer an excellent salary + benefits.
Interested candidates can apply now for further details. Only suitable candidates will be contacted for interview.
For a more comprehensive list of our vacancies, please visit: www.connectedgroup.com