The role will involve:
- Providing legal advice on equities structured products issuances and OTC transactions related matters;
- Providing structuring, documentation, execution management and legal support in respect of all structured transactions and new business initiatives or projects;
- Advising on the establishment, on-going maintenance and renewal of structured product programmes, working together with Compliance and other internal stakeholders to advise on relevant regulatory requirements;
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
(a) reviewing and drafting term sheets and confirmations;
(b) reviewing transaction legal documentation prepared by external legal advisers and the Bank's counterparties;
(c) providing legal sign off on ad hoc transactions;
(d) advising internal stakeholders on legal documentation and procedure;
- Participating in Transaction Approval Committees and/or other internal committees to identify relevant legal risks in the relevant jurisdictions, conduct legal analysis of new transactions or activities and to represent the relevant business lines in the committee meetings;
- Keeping up-to-date with new regulatory requirements in various jurisdictions where we have a presence.
- Building and maintaining constructive working relationships with law firms in the Asia-Pacific jurisdictions and with peer professionals at other investment banks; and
- Sharing legal knowledge and know-how within the dept, providing/participating in in-house training to the business and other functions and to other team members within the legal dept.
The ideal candidate will have experience advising on equity derivatives transactions, having product knowledge in structured complex transactions. Some experience of cash equities would also be preferred, but is not essential. * Technical knowledge of derivatives documentation, ISDA definitions and structured financing framework.
Chinese language skills (read and write) are a prerequisite for the role.