Our client is a well known European retailer and they are looking for a sourcing manager to look after both electrical and home textile products. This person will lead 2 staff and reporting to the Divisional Head.
Key responsibilities include:-
- Conduct market research to source and develop new products and vendors for all sector operating companies and ensure that customer requirements & briefs are met.
- Implement category planning and budgeting processes to create saving.
- Lead sourcing activity planning and reporting (regular updates - sales, market share, project overview, monthly forecasting and ad hoc requests).
- Work closely with Quality Assurance, Supply Chain and Product Development team to ensure projects and orders are managed through to completion, achieving the agreed quality levels and delivered on-time in full as per KPIs.
- Build and maintain positive relationship with Euro team; particularly taking responsibility for unified & unique program arrangement to meets expectation.
- Build and maintain suppliers layout according to team strategy.
- Manage the category globally, involving satellite offices resources.
- Minimize the use of Far East agents (importers or traders) by identifying direct factory / vendor sources of supply.
- Monitor, measure and develop the capabilities of vendor base by developing and implementing vendor-specific strategies.
- Evaluate market trends in Asia and Europe and attend key trade fairs to maximize awareness of sourcing requirements.
- Manage the team to deliver negotiation of excellent cost prices for new briefs/products aiming to achieving and exceeding cost reduction against existing/alternative sources of supply (e.g. agents & importers).
- Instill the expectation (within the team and the vendor base) of negotiating cost price reductions to hit and exceed annual target of existing ranged & repeated items.
To succeed in this key role, you will have least 11 years of experience with 3 years in managerial capacity.
- Degree holder
- Good communication skills in Cantonese, English and Mandarin
- Previous experience in handling either electrical or home textile products will be advantageous
- Solid understand in EU market will be required
Interested individuals can click apply now and send updated resume (in WORD format) to Athena Tse for further information.
For a more comprehensive list of current opportunities, please visit www.connectedgroup.com