Senior Tax Manager (Global Tax)
Our client is a HK-listed conglomerate. They are looking for a talented and driven individual to join its growing Tax team.
Leading both the Tax Compliance and Tax Consulting and Planning of the team:
Tax Consulting and Planning
- Provide regular updates to the top management on the changes of tax regulations in the tax jurisdictions in which the group has presence
- Provide recommendations to the top management on any businesses which may have tax implication depending on the options chosen and propose mitigation plan/other options, if any
- Provide guidance to the top management on the priority of several of tax tasks and allocation of resources.
- Provide tax advices and supports to the commercial teams to effectively manage the tax expenses and disputes
- Ensure the Effective Tax Rate is carefully managed within a reasonable range
- Suggest and lead optimization projects to balance business and tax efficiency
- Work with the Treasury VP with tax exposure related to all the treasury transactions
- Responsible for completion of Hong Kong and international income tax returns including all related analysis and support
- Oversee processing of economic transactions complying with company policies and prevailing tax regulations
- Ensure enough resources are being allocated and prioritize the resources to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Manage the tax filing and reporting to minimize the occurrence of tax controversies
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes.
- Manage and oversee direct, indirect taxes (routine exposure assessment), other tax filings
- Prepare/review tax enquiries to both internal and external parties to ensure full compliance.
- Monitor tax assessments and tax payment trends
- Perform tax health-check exercises and lead improvement/optimization plans
Other Tax-related duties:
- Propose strategies and be responsible and defend any audits of the companies' tax returns
- Prepare TP policy set and perform implementation
- Manage tax work automation (e.g. Playstation / automate tax work paper using BW query)
- Bachelor's Degree in Qualified / Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- At least 8 years of relevant tax experience in which at least 2 years at a manager level in Corporate Income Tax / Indirect Taxes, preferably gained in tax practices of Big 4 accounting firms, international law firms, Inland Revenue, consultant firms or commercial tax practices in large MNCs or local listed companies etc.
- Experiences in tax compliance and consulting of International Tax
- Knowledge of major Direct Tax of Asia Pacific countries (covering Japan)
- Strong project management, research, analytical and presentation skills
- Good written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Interested individuals can apply now and send CV to Vivian Wong, or call +852 3972 5831 for more information. Only relevant candidates will be contacted
For a more comprehensive list of our vacancies, please visit: www.connectedgroup.com