Key Job Responsibilities include:
- Review product design and specifications and provide technical comments during the new product development stage.
- Provide technical advice and suggestions for process improvement and failure analysis.
- Ensure the product has fulfilled all testing requirements.
- Evaluate the testing sample and ensure it meets customer specifications and quality requirements.
- Validate tooling and processes for mass production.
- Follow through and investigate design/manufacturing problems, define the problem, and offer possible solutions and carry out troubleshooting.
Other requirements include:
- Degree holder in Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering / Industrial Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in OEM product development / Technical Design / R&D department or PDE w.
- Experience in handling consumer electronics and SDA is a plus
- Familiar with plastic injection molding, die casting, metal stamping, motors, and gears
- Familiar with International regulations e.g. ISO9000, REACH, CA Prop.65
- Familiar with using AutoCAD, SolidWorks or Pro-E as drafting tools
- Travel if required.