|Location||Hong Kong City|
Product Development Director (Textile/Apparel)
Our client is a well-known trading company, they are looking for a PD Director focus on market trend research, seasonal development of new strategies, concepts and products, able to provide advices to clients.
- Keep updated on the US market latest fashion and textile trends and develop and integrate designs (including but not limited to fabric patterns, fabric types, garment styling, etc.) into marketable packages
- Provide advice or ideas on new technologies or innovation fabric/design development into fabric that be produced and marketed to clients.
- Create, implement, and periodically essential policies, procedures, work processes, and methods.
- Identify the unique value proposition of the products in collaboration with the Marketing team and provide training to the Sales team to ensure a common understanding of the unique value propositions.
- Accountable for developing garment designs and contributes to generating customer demand.
- Understand US fashion client needs from Sales, Market Research, customers and other appropriate channels and provide Sales with inputs on sales strategies and product development to secure customer orders.
- Analyze the market and product ranges of assigned customers to identify gaps in the customers' offerings as inputs to the team direction. Ensure the products developed fit with the customers' preferences (e.g. style / fit preferences, price ranges, etc.).
- Set direction to guide design concepts and provide design support services to customers to enhance their products as needed.
- Collaboration with Sales in accordance to customers' interests and demands. Provide the Sales team with value propositions and sales support for all products developed.
- Degree holder, preferably in Fashion & Textiles or related discipline
- Minimum of 8 years' relevant experience in Product Development of sourcing in a buying office or a manufacturer, prefer candidates with strong US market exposure
- Good understanding of American apparel brands with fabric knowledge
- Knowledge of CAD system a plus
- Excellent command of English and Chinese including Mandarin