Packaging Sustainability Manager
My client is a US mass market retailer, who is looking for a packaging expert, to be individual contributor to take charge of subject matter and report directly to head of HK office.
- Understand Company milestones for Sustainability efforts in order of setting priorities and focus.
- Identify current capabilities on a country & regional level based on current packaging vendor base.
- Develop and lead sourcing strategies for packaging, effectively handle suppliers and internal networks to deliver future and best in class quality and alternatives (ie, Northern China & Southern China options).
- Lead onboarding of new packaging vendors. Ensures that Packaging suppliers provide certified Sustainable packaging and can produce to our quality standards within expected leadtimes.
- Source and negotiate sustainable packaging components for full package product ensuring the best value and quality which will be aligned with market pricing.
- Collaborate with key internal partners to manage packaging supplier certification process for sustainability to ensure all suppliers are up to date with all necessary certifications.
- Tailored to each packaging vendor, develop a system of traceability from mill to printer/converter to final product. Example : FSC document traceability from paper mill (paper stock) thru printer.
- Consistently deliver on measurable and strategic goals to enable competitive advantage to bottom-line and top-line company growth, and corporate social responsibility leadership. Track and drive the Sustainable packaging KPIs
- Develop and deploy packaging policy and initiatives, in collaboration with supporting teams
- Train and educate Office Merchant Teams on Sustainable Claims and other sustainable packaging topics and tools.
- Build Material libraries / pricing / specs / standards for sustainable packaging
- Effectively collaborate and build strong relationships with key partners including strategic sourcing peers, merchants, product development teams, packaging teams, sustainability team, and legal.
- Travels regionally to visit packaging suppliers and product vendors for review of packaging products currently in production and assesses the factories
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years' experience in the packaging field with knowledge of packaging design and expertise in sourcing and costing of sustainable packaging components, raw material, supply chain or product sustainability experience preferred
- Knowledge and relationships with sustainable packaging vendors is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the apparel and/or home industry, consumer goods industry, product development or supply chain preferred
- Knowledge of and experience working with product sustainability standards and certifications including GOTS, Oeko-Tex, GRS, OCS and FSC.
- Advanced MS Excel skills that can be used to combine and analyze data from various sources, and generate reports and graphics to help drive decision-making
- Proven track record to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Strong problem-solving abilities with a solutions-oriented approach
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in Mandarin & English a must.
- Proven track record to work creatively and analytically to deliver results
- Ability to build positive relationships with internal and external partners
Pls send your CV to Angela Tsui from ConnectedGroup (Angela.Tsui @connectedgroup.com) for more details.
For more opportunities, please visit www.connectedgroup.com