Our client is a non-profit with a solid history operating out of Hong Kong, focused on developing positive healthcare outcomes for children in underprivileged situations. They deliver significant programs in mainland China and are now looking to increase their impact by ramping up their fundraising and building greater capacity in the coming years.
The new hire is an accomplished business development individual, who depending on experience, would at least fill the role of Deputy CEO and possibly CEO at the outset for the appropriate candidate with strong organisational skills. Regardless of level, candidates should be able to bring strong corporate/institutional engagement skills to the organisation in order to drive effective fundraising strategies from both corporate partners and foundations/grant making entities. This person MUST have experience formulating strategies and translating these into operable plans with a strong execution, and must be Trilingual (Cantonese, Mandarin, English) with strong Putonghua skills. Not-for-profit working experience is a MUST.
- Work together with the board in making the organization´s vision and mission a reality. leading the 5-year strategy and implementing the annual strategic plan.
- Develop strategies for growth, manage resources and oversee daily operations of the organization in Hong Kong and China.
- Expand the visibility of the foundation, increasing community awareness and fundraising capabilities.
- Leverage network to increase philanthropic support to develop a sustainable funding base from foundation, corporate, international, recurring, crowdfunding and events.
- Build and navigate relationships with partners and stakeholders in Hong Kong, China and Asia (government, hospitals, academia, medical professionals, vendors, and donors).
- Responsible for building the organization´s brand through storytelling, communicating to the public and media to raise awareness, establishing community partnerships and collaboration.
- Ensure successful program implementation and impact measurement through collaboration with Program Team
- Work with the organization´s Company Secretary and legal advisors to stay abreast laws and regulations, manage human resources, recruiting, leading and inspiring staff and volunteers.
- Take ownership of budgets, forecasts and financials, tracking and administering funds according to the board approved budgets ensuring fiduciary responsibility and organizational compliance with applicable guidelines and regulations.
- Responsible for preparation of regular (monthly/quarterly) statements, comprehensive plans and updates for the Board and Committees that report on the organizations progress, internal and external trends and other issues of potential impact to the organization and its donors.
- University graduate with 20 years working experience, with at least 5 years in a leadership position in nonprofit, medical, or legal field; China and government experience.
- Familiarity with the Hong Kong / China business environment, experience working with Boards and with a wide network of contacts
- Must have: Experience in fundraising - negotiations, managing donor relations and corporate sponsor relationships, grant writing knowledge, and NGO working experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must: Native fluency in English, Putonghua and Cantonese.
- Candidates will lesser experience as a nonprofit leader may develop from Deputy CEO position with upward mobility to CEO.
Interested parties please click on Apply, please note only relevant candidates will be contacted.