Via our social purpose platform we are supporting Feeding Hong Kong, an organization dedicated to rescuing surplus food from retailers, distributors and manufacturers and redistributing it to people in need, in the search for their new CEO. This is a planned transition from a founder/manager who will be ascending to the board to support this new hire to continue the FHK journey.
Reporting to the board of directors and leading, supporting and motivating a team of full and part time employees and volunteers, the CEO will be responsible for:
- Taking executive responsibility for all functions including the warehouse, administration, finance, fundraising, marketing, communications and IT;
- Liaising with the Board in relation to the development of the organisation's strategic vision, development and delivery of the agreed business, financial and operational plans;
- Providing leadership, developing and implementing the organizations' strategic and operational plans and leading on partnership and business development;
- Ensuring financial control and supporting and advising on good governance across all
aspects of the organisation (financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, control, reporting and management of finances and resources, ensuring regulatory compliance and sustainable organisational growth);
- Identifying, developing and nurturing beneficial partnerships with donors, community partners, charities and all relevant authorities/organisations;
- Recruitment, management and effective deployment of staff, apply robust HR processes covering recruitment, performance management, appraisal and remuneration;
- Leading by example, instilling a culture of professionalism and inclusion, supported by coaching, training and development.
- Fluency in English is essential with Cantonese language skills being a distinct advantage to engage with local staff and charities
- Significant proven record of achievement in a management position, ideally within an NGO with an operational component or directly food sector;
- Experience of effective partnership working and development and external relationship management. Fundraising experience is a significant advantage;
- Inspirational leadership, change management and motivational skills;
- Highly organised and personally effective;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
Interested parties please click on "Apply", kindly note only relevant candidates will be contacted.