|Location||Hong Kong, Central and Western District|
Our client, a museum showcasing special exhibitions on paintings, calligraphy, antiquities and historical objects, as well as thematic displays on world cultures and civilisations, is searching for their Museum Publishing Senior Manager.
Reporting to the Head Curator, and leading a team focused on English and Chinese editions, the Senior Manager will be responsible for devising and producing the museums innovative publication programme (all publications and materials), catering to diverse audiences and contributing to the museum´s success.
- Working together with senior management and team member in setting the strategic direction for the museum's publication programme with local, regional and international impact
- Exploring publication opportunities and developing strategic partnerships with potential parties in order to establish a sustainable publication programme - collaborating with museum staff and outside partners (publishers, printers, contractors and consultants)
- Managing the publication production process (content development, quality assurance, delivery of publications), and being responsible for the budget and P&L of all publication projects
- Working on and maintaining the museums` brand image throughout the process, and ensuring quality and consistency (while in compliance with guidelines)
- Procurement of writings, images, editorial, design, printing and other services from contractors/vendors
- Bachelor´s degree in Design, Arts, Business Management, Languages/ Literature, or other relevant disciplines
- Minimum 10 years of experience in publication business with at least 3 years of managerial experience
- Work experience in or with museums and other art and cultural organizations is a plus
- Solid track of experience in delivering innovative and solid publications in the arts and cultural fields
- Must be knowledgeable in Chinese Arts and Chinese History
- Experience in financial management (organizational and budgeting skills) and marketing to drive the museum publication business, project management and editing to work on book design and imaging
- Fluency (oral and written) in English and Mandarin preferably with knowledge of Cantonese.
Interested parties please click on Apply, kindly note only relevant candidates will be contacted.