Merchandising Director - Apparel
This represents an excellent opportunity to work at a leading global fashion & apparel company as their merchandising director. The role will report into the MD directly, leading a team of over 20 and will primarily focus on development (sampling, costing & sourcing). The company is going through rapid expansion as their business strategy has taken them to huge success by making the most of opportunities created by the pandemic.
- Managing the development process and operations for the BU
- Costing, sampling, material sourcing, technical developments and approvals will be carried out in an efficient and accurate manner
- Working closely with the PD, design and production teams, ensure that orders are delivered on time with competitive cost and expected requirements and quality
- Be the leader of the BU, manage internal and external stakeholders whilst delivering high performing standards in sample hit rate, margin, delivery and order intake.
- Build strong partnership with vendors and suppliers and manage their performance to be at a consistently high level
- Minimum of 10 years in merchandising / sourcing roles for fashion and apparel companies
- Minimum of 5 years in managerial position
- Degree in fashion/textile preferred
- Experience with US market, particularly in low-priced, mass market sector
- Strong product knowledge in woven and knit
- Must speak and write excellent English and Chinese
- Must be able to live and work in HK (candidates currently in HK preferred)
Interested parties please send your CV to Vincent.email@example.com