Our client, a reputable European Corporate Bank, is looking for a Trade Finance Manager to manage the trade finance team and back up the payment operations and remittance team. This incumbent will be reported to Head of Operations directly.
- Oversee daily operations of operations teams ensuring all transactions and orders received from clients, correspondent banks and Account Managers of Front Office are executed properly according to instruction, policy and rules/guidelines laid down by industrial and regulatory authorities.
- From Documentary Trade operations and risk perspective, to monitor the daily BAU production processed locally or by overseas Hub centres to ensure SLA can be met; to give advice to Account Managers, Finance, Risk Management, and Legal & Compliance on existing practice, and potential business threat and opportunity.
- From Branch operations perspective, to overview the daily routines of back office functions with services covering Customer Services, Treasury Support, Account Management & Control, Loan Administration, Remittance as well as preparation of reports to local management and regulator.
- Answer inquiries from clients, correspondent banks, Account Managers, Finance, Legal & Compliance, Risk Management and other branches on all matters related to Trade Finance Operations and Branch Operations.
- Perform the duty of a Verifier/Approver in daily operations where applicable.
- Oversee the administration and management of the Department.
- Handle the projects about system changes, product / process reviews etc.
- Look after operations teams in the absence of the Department Head.
- University graduated in Business Administration, Finance or relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 15 years in trade finance operations with not less than 5 years supervisory experience; with commodity and Structural Trade Operations experience is preferable.
- Excellent Communication and management skill.
- Independent, strong self-motivation and able to work under pressure.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese (including Mandarin)