Our client, an esteemed European Bank, is looking for a Manager for their trade finance operations team and support the commodities trade products. This incumbent will report to Head of Trade Finance and Branch Operations directly.
- Manages full range of trade finance operations with effectively and efficiently
- Checks all transactions under commodity trade including import and export documents, all kind of Import Letter of Credit, Standby Letter of Credit, Back-To-Back and Front to Back Letter of Credit
- Liaises with and provides support to Business Units on trade finance services matters
- Partner with front office on trade related product development, provide training to internal and external customers
- Ensures all trade transactions are in compliance with the relevant sanctions and regulations
- Provides professional advice and quality services on trade finance to customers
- Handle ad-hoc projects as required
- Diploma holder or above with CDCS qualification.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience in trade finance operations in banking, of which 10 years solid experience in supervisory level and handling commodity trade finance is highly preferable.
- Excellent knowledge in trade products, ICC Uniform rules, trade related rules and regulations
- Sound knowledge in trade transaction compliance screening against AML; anti-terrorism and other international authority sanctions
- Able to solicit required information to make sound judgment on complex trade operation matters
- Meticulous, well organized and able to work under pressure and multitasking environment
- Strong communication and leadership skills, able to build and maintain a cohesive environment with the team
- Good command in both English and Chinese, fluency in Putonghua is preferred