Our client is a Leading Life Insurance provider with a strong establishment in Asia. The Group is known for their Innovation in the past years within the Insurance sector. As part of continuous growth, the group is seeking a high-calibre Operational Risk Management professional to join the Risk Management team, based in Hong Kong.
The key responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Perform independent Operational Risk reviews and manage Operational Risk by countries portfolio and areas of specialization
- Possess understanding of Hong Kong regulatory requirements especially on the operational perspective
- Perform quality assurance reviews of Operational processes and major / emerging risk topics
- Work closely with stakeholders across the business units, IT and vendors to ensure internal systems, procedures and workflows align with company policies and regulatory requirements
- Assist in risk scenario analysis, Operational Risk capital assessment, ERM maturity assessments, formulating risk management strategy
- Assist BAU teams in ensuring process controls are in place as 1st line of defence
- Prepare and/or review user requirements and procedures for regulatory enhancements in Life Operations processes and systems
- Maintain a robust operational risk framework, assess the design and effectiveness of controls, recommending and implementing enhancements on the risk management framework.
- Provide Operational Risk training to business units and country teams and promote risk awareness and best practices across the local and regional teams
Successful applicants will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree holder in Business, Risk Management and/or related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years' experience in life insurance sector and with knowledge on life insurance operations
- Candidates with less experience will be considered as Assistant Manager
- Possess working experience related to regulatory requirements and/or risk mitigations, such as FATCA
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving skills
- Good command of both spoken and written Chinese & English
- Confident to deal with various business stakeholders independently
- A committed team player who is able to work under pressure and is determined to meet deadlines
Interested parties, please send your CV to Gary Wong - Gary.Wong@ConnectedGroup.com for more details. For other available opportunities, please visit www.connectedgroup.com.