At ConnectedGroup, we are working in partnership with The Nature Conservancy - a global organization aiming to create innovative solutions to our world's toughest environmental challenges and conserve lands and waters, to recruit their Director of Development. Reporting to their Regional Director of Strategic Partnerships and leading a team of professionals, the Director of Development will be responsible for developing the team's strategic direction, through acquisition, stewardship, and retention of donors.
- Develop the local fundraising program, with the aim to generate gifts for regional and global business units.
- Work closely with global wealth market and in-region fundraising teams
- Oversee all principal and major gifts functions - managing multi-year fundraising campaigns, planned giving, major - and principal - gift fundraising, donor prospecting and research, and stewardship.
- Secure significant philanthropic gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Recruit, develop, coach, retain and inspire a staff of high-performing philanthropy professionals.
- Serve on the Leadership Group of Hong Kong office, and contribute to the overall strategy and direction of the office
- Bachelor's degree, Master´s degree preferred
- 8+ years of related experience, including experience working at a senior level (setting strategic direction and implementing strategic initiatives, effectively leading a team, managing budgetary responsibilities
- Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with high-net-worth constituents (individual major donors, private foundations and corporations).
- Fluency in English is required, Cantonese is highly preferred, Mandarin desirable
- Exceptional communication skills