Head of Tax (Conglomerate)
Our client is a sizable company with diverse businesses across the globe. We are seeking a talented individual to join them as the Head of Tax to work closely with the global team.
- Manage global tax compliance and risk Management, tax efficiency, tax audit and controversies, and transfer price for a number of jurisdictions.
- Develop and implement global tax strategy and structure that supports the Company's business strategy.
- Formulate tax planning strategies to optimize tax opportunity, minimize tax exposures, eliminate audit deficiencies, and maintain a competitive effective tax rate
- Manage tax audit and handled tax queries including direct tax, indirect tax and transfer pricing globally
- Drive and implement best practices and process improvement in the global tax function to support the Company's continued growth and expansion
- Provide due diligence and structural advice on a variety of transactions
- Oversee transfer pricing studies for cross-border transactions
- Provide tax advice and supports to the business teams on tax issues; and accounting staff on tax accounting issues
- Lead and participate in various global tax planning projects, cross functional projects, business development projects to provide advice from tax perspective
- Take a hands-on approach in leading the global tax team, including overseeing both internal resources and outsourced tax functions
- Build and develop an in-house corporate tax team to be a well-rounded tax expertise
- Stay abreast of new and emerging tax issues, both domestically and internationally
- Act as a leader of key global function, to work with internal and external stakeholders, such as finance and accounting, auditor, lawyer, tax consultant on various projects.
- A qualified accountant with a degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- At least 15+ years comprehensive international tax experience with proven leadership experiences in a global tax role in Big 4 and international sizable corporations
- Thorough tax exposure including Tax Compliance, Tax Advisory, M&A Tax as well as Transfer Pricing
- Broad understanding of international tax law with an ability to develop tax strategy globally
- Demonstrated ability to handle a broad range of tax matters arising in diverse jurisdictions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of an organization; ability to explain complex tax concepts to non-tax stakeholders.
- Strong presentation skills in making presentations to senior management, executive leadership, and audit committee, with confidence.
- Self-driven and quick adaptability in cross-function collaborations with people/teams from different background
- Strong business acumen
- Fluency in English and Mandarin is a MUST
Interested individuals can apply now and send CV to Vivian Wong, or call +852 3972 5831 for more information. Only relevant candidates will be contacted.
For a more comprehensive list of our vacancies, please visit: www.connectedgroup.com