This is a unique opportunity to join a leading retailer's sourcing office as their Global Sourcing Director of their Hong Kong office. As the leader of the business, you will be managing a highly successful and sizeable business and managing a team of over 100 whilst reporting to the HQ.
- Build and maintain solid working relationships and communication flow with all colleagues, key and manufacturers and suppliers.
- Foster and promote communication and participation at all levels and ranks, ensuring that all corporate and divisional initiatives/objectives are articulated and included into the office's goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the financial performance of the office's /area's budget which includes initiating continuous input on proposals for attaining enhanced cost efficiency to the HQ
- Responsible for all legal and tax matters, ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements of the local government as well as that of the HQ as pertains to the operation of the office(s) and the importation /exportation of our products.
- Maintenance of policies and practices that are congruent with the all company principles.
- Fortify the professional aptitude and effectiveness of all staff so that they can assume greater responsibilities, thus building managerial talent within the organisation and providing a succession plan.
- Initiate and provide continuous input on new staff development/training programs and remuneration/benefit enhancements that will promote a motivational climate in the office and help achieve the company's overall objectives.
- Management and control of all financial operations including budget formation, capital assets, merchandise payments etc. in strict accordance with all corporate finance directives, policies and objectives.
- Responsible for the lease, decoration and maintenance of all office premises.
- Act as a Key contributor to mid to Long term Global Sourcing strategy in collaboration with respective teams in Sourcing, Raw materials and all areas of Product creation
- Minimum of 15 years experience in sourcing industry at VP / General Manager / Managing Director level
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Must speak excellent English, Chinese is an advantage
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership capability
- Experience in both soft & hard goods will be highly preferred, although not a must