Garment Technician (Knitwear for Women)
My client is one of the world's largest fashion companies. Their consumers in over 40 plus countries and they have global iconic brands. Currently, they are looking for a replacement position (current staff internal transfers to another team), and the role is reporting to Manager (Technical Team).
- Collaborating with global technical teams and Hub cross functional partners
- Ensuring consistency of fit across all collections
- Supporting to Garment Technician Team on fit knowledge, best practices around SOPs, communication, and time management
- Providing fitting comments
- Evaluating garment construction and quality to identify possible risk and testing required
- Providing alternative suggestion to eliminate risk
- Upholding design intent across multi bases sizes from 1st Fit though to PP Approval (providing concern and suggested solution to Technical and Design Team)
- Managing sample T&A - Assisting where prompt conversation with vendors & action is needed.
- Following yearly SOP set in place internally and external within the company. Making sure SOP are relevant or follow up with partners necessary updates
- Building strong relationships with vendor and cross functional partners
- Participating projects to create and define new SOP and best practices
- Diploma or above in Technical Design, Pattern Grading or equivalent preferred
- University/Engineering degree with 2 years of related work experience or post-secondary degree with minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of fitting, pattern making, grading, construction, testing, and pad development experience
- Knowledge of PLM systems
- Organized and detailed oriented, takes immediate action to resolve issues and problems
- Calibrated mind set which builds good working relationships and leads to team building
- Excellent communication skills able to communicate effectively across the team and organization
- Knowledge of garment fit and ability to instruct a vendor on the garment manufacturability
- Strong MS Office Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook)
Please send your CV with word file to Hugo Ng from ConnectedGroup (Hugo.ng@connected group.com) for more details.
Email address could also be found on LinkedIn / Connected Group (www.connectedgroup.com).