Financial Controller + Company Secretary - (Greater Bay Area Development)
As one of Hong Kong's leading prestigious academic institutions, we are now actively seeking a Financial Controller + Company Secretary to play a major role in the company's continuous growth and development phase in the Greater Bay Area. Leading a team of around 20 finance and supporting staff, the suitable candidate will oversea all joint ventures as well as entities where the institution has equity interest and focus on the development through financial management.
- Reporting to the Finance Director
- Oversee multiple entities for the institution for the provision of company secretarial services, accounting and financial management to the subsidiaries and joint ventures of the institution where they have equity interest, located in Hong Kong, Greater Bay Area, and Macau
- Introduce and implement policies, guidelines and procedures in relation to the investment of the institution for supporting of business development
- Act as the Company Secretary and if required, act as director of subsidiaries to provide company secretarial support
- Drive and monitor budgeting, financial reporting and payments of the subsidiaries and business units in the Greater Bay Area so ensure compliance with the institutions statutory requirements, including tax matters
- Play a key role in the development of the Greater Bay Area
- Lead and give guidance to subordinates and joint ventures
- Play a pivotal role in management of the Finance Office
- Degree educated, ideally with an MBA, CFA or CPA qualification
- Qualified Company Secretary (HKICS) would be highly advantageous
- Big 4 Background is preferable
- A minimum of 12+ years of commercial experience
- Strong business understanding of doing business with the public sector
- Possess superb analytical skills and abilities coupled with excellent interpersonal skills
- Have a strong sense of business ownership
- Experienced in working in the China development markets, or greater bay area would be advantageous
- Knowledge of China Business Development, and formation and disposal of entities.
- Excellent communication skills with strong language ability in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Travelling around 30-50% is required, depending on projects
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading academic institution, who are offering a potential individual a chance to play a major part in the overall development of the company.
Interested candidates should apply now with word.doc resume's to Winnan Leung - (Associate Director - Commerce Finance Division) for further details, only suitable candidates will be contacted for the role
For a more comprehensive list of our vacancies, please visit www.connectedgroup.com