|Location||Hong Kong City|
ACS is a capacity-building organization and has provided pro bono training and advisory services to more than 2000 NGO leaders from over 700 local NGOs in the past 12 years, primarily in the areas of fundraising, strategic planning, board governance, design thinking, digital engagement and future-skilling. As a result, ACS has deep experience in effecting change to a diverse range of NGOs and NGO leaders across Hong Kong. It is also one of Asia's largest skills-based volunteer platforms, mobilizing more than 300 professionals to provide in excess of 7,000 pro bono hours to serve over 140 NGOs each year.
Recently, ACS has been expanding its role in the social sector ecosystem as a more influential Community and Funding Intermediary by bridging together NGOs, skilled volunteers, resource partners and the government.
We are seeking a strategic and collaborative leader who feels a calling to serve the Hong Kong community.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for ACS. He/she is responsible for successful leadership, management and fulfilling the mission of the organization and bringing it to the next level.
- Ensure ongoing program excellence, meeting the expectations of clients, board and resource partners
- Lead, develop and retain ACS' high-performance staff and volunteers
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization as well as marketing communications, finance and fundraising
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with corporates, foundations, government and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization
- Set a positive culture of teamwork and community within the ACS family
Innovative. Hong Kong is changing and we need a visionary and confident leader who can adapt and bring ACS to the next level in a dynamic environment.
Compassionate. Genuine desire to improve the social sector in Hong Kong as a whole; Feels compassion for Hong Kong's neediest and desires to mobilize the broader community to serve and help make a difference.
Strategic. Drive ACS' competitive position by considering market and NGO trends and the needs of existing and potential stakeholders.
Results Orientated. Set challenging goals and focus on desired results, meeting or exceeding them within a fast-changing environment.
Team Leader. Establish focus, provide motivational support, foster teamwork, empower people, develop talent and manage performance.
Collaborative. Ability to communicate and collaborate with stakeholders, including Board, to achieve strategic priorities. Simultaneously skilled at delegating and follow-up; helpful for working effectively with a small team as well as a large group of volunteers.
Multicultural. Interact confidently and comfortably in a broadly diverse cultural environment.
Entrepreneurial. Identify and create new business opportunities; leverage limited resources effectively.
- University degree with at least 10 years of work experience, including 5 years in a supervisory capacity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Recommended fluency in English and Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin)
- Strong networking experience with the talent to engage a wide range of stakeholders from different cultures and professional backgrounds
- Excellence in organizational management, ability to motivate, mentor and manage staff, engage volunteers, and develop a high-performance team to achieve strategic objectives