Our client, one of the larger higher education institutions in Hong Kong is searching for their Director of Communications and Public Affairs, a dynamic and highly competent professional to lead and develop the Communications and Public Affairs Office.
This person will be dedicated to strengthening the University's presence and branding in Hong Kong, the Chinese mainland and overseas, and enhancing the communications with external and internal stakeholders to advance the University's vision and mission.
Reporting into senior leadership and leading a large team, this person will assume the overall management of the department and be required to:
- Formulate and implement effective branding strategies and related initiatives to enhance the brand image - presence and influence of the University locally and internationally;
- Provide strategic advice and support to the senior management on promoting the University's corporate image and on stakeholders relationships, public relations and media issues;
- Support the University´s strategic plan by developing communication strategies and deploying effective channels - traditional and digital for respective key audiences and stakeholders at local, regional and international levels;
- Formulate issues and crisis management strategies and programmes aiming at monitoring and anticipating issues related to the higher education sector and their key stakeholder;
- Integrate and oversee a social media strategy that supports both the branding and crisis management strategies
- Cultivate the professionalism for branding and communications at all levels of the University; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Executive Vice President or her delegate or the Management of the University from time to time.
- Bachelor´s degree, preferably with a master's degree in communications/marketing/management or relevant disciplines
- Over fifteen years of managerial experience, at least ten years at management level in the field of communications and public affairs in a large establishment.
- Substantial experience in public and media relations, issues management, marketing (in particular social media marketing) and community relations;
- Strong leadership qualities with excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Experience in a fast-paced and multi-cultural environment with diverse stakeholders in the areas of external and internal communications, as well as
- Promotion of corporate image experience in local and global arena;
- Should possess outstanding interpersonal and communication competencies, and the ability to design and implement innovative and effective strategies suited to the University's strategic direction and core values;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, with fluency in Putonghua being an advantage
Interested parties please click on "Apply Now", kindly note only relevant parties will be contacted.