Our client, a global garment design and manufacturing company with over 50 years of trajectory and presence in over 45 countries is searching for a Design & Product Development (Men's & Boys wear) General Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Design and Product Development, and leading a team of designers and product developers, the GM Design & PD will be responsible for servicing the company´s USA customers through the enhancement of existing products, strategic product extensions, and provision of product development plans based on latest fashion trends on mens and boys fashion.
- Leading the team towards development of precise product functional requirements and specifications from a conceptual design to sample production
- Adapt designs for mass production, get involved in sampling and coordinate with technicians & merchandisers to ensure smooth development process
- Provide technical advice and liaise with merchandisers, designers, product specialists to optimize design, product specifications, process, cost, reliability & safety and manufacturability of new or existing products to suit the market
- Keep an over view on end-to-end activities for all Design team in Hong Kong - graphic design, merchandising, sample room execution etc
- Review samples for aesthetics, overall dimensions, hand feel functionality and general workmanship and tech pack for technical accuracy and suggests options to achieve aesthetic intent and ensure design elements are accurate
- Work alongside with the Product Design, Sourcing, Merchandising and Sample rooms in factory teams in development and launch of new products to meet timelines and quality goals of customers. Making sure a good product is delivered within costing standards.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years in a managerial role.
- Degree in Clothing, Textile, Design or related discipline preferred
- Master's degree or equivalent will be preferred.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, MS Office tools.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is a must. Cantonese and Mandarin would be an advantage.
- Good technical skills in apparel construction especially in men's/boy's wear
- Good technical knowledge in fabric, washing (dyeing), printing, embroidery, embellishment techniques, and size grading specification
- Team player, passionate and hands on individual, flexible with ability to work and perform in tight deadlines & under a high-pressure environment.
Interested candidates please click on "Apply", kindly note only relevant applicants will be contacted.