The Fair Group is a diverse set of organisations that build market solutions to end the forced labour of migrant workers in Asia. We believe that forced labour is a solvable world problem. Our Fair Group of entities, along with the like-minded ethical entrepreneurs we support across Asia, are working together to demonstrate how.
The key organisations are:
The Fair Group is at an exciting inflection point brought on by: 1) the transition of one of its founders out of the day-to-day operations of the group and 2) the launch of a high potential, high impact investment initiative to support like-minded local entrepreneurs across Asia.
We are seeking an individual to join our talented, motivated and results-driven leadership team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Organisational Leadership [20%]
- Ensuring the evolution and implementation of Fair's vision and values across the FAIR group;
- Overseeing the development, implementation and measurement - both of results and impact at the individual entity and industry levels - of the Fair Group strategy;
- Understanding and connecting the dots across the migrant worker industry and identifying opportunities and partnerships for the Fair Group to magnify impact;
- Communicating and telling stories of the Fair Group impact to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Engaging the Board, individually and collectively, to provide updates, gather advice and advance the mission of the Fair Group whilst enabling effective risk management;
Management Oversight [20%]
- Overseeing the development, implementation and measurement of results of annual plans and budgets of each entity within the Fair Group's strategy;
- Ensuring that the Fair Group has a strong financial position and viability;
- Establishing and leading regular calls with Fair Group leaders, individually and as a team, to share information and practices, support team members and identify opportunities for collaboration;
- In collaboration with the entity Boards, engaging in an annual employee evaluation and professional development plan with each of the leaders in the Fair Group's leadership team;
- Leading talent acquisition, development and engagement across the Fair Group to strengthen performance, motivation and retention;
Resource Raising [30%]
- Raising funds to support the Fair Group mission, both through proactive solicitation of new donors and development of current donors, working closely with the Fund Raising Manager ;
Worker's Employer Communication Strategy [30%]
- Developing and recommending, for Board approval, a 3-year strategy for making employers not just aware of the problem of unethical employment practices, but part of the solution in Hong Kong and beyond;
- Building a stakeholder engagement plan that will motivate action towards behavioral change on the individual employer and the industry level;
- Designing an operational plan and budget for implementing the strategy;
- Raising funds to support the resources required to implement the strategy.
- The successful candidates must have:
- A belief that forced labour IS in fact a solvable world problem.
- 7+ years' work experience in Asia, preferably within the migrant worker, investment and/or social entrepreneurship spaces;
- A track record of raising funds or well developed pitching skills that can be transferred;
- A passion for leading and developing people and teams, collaboration and partnership both internally and externally
- A talent for telling stories, in oral and written form, that motivate individuals and stakeholders to action and behaviour change;
- An ability to 'see the forest for the trees' - but also to understand that each tree is a critical piece of the larger ecosystem;
- An ability to take calculated risks and to learn from (and not be discouraged by) failure.
The ideal candidate would be based in Hong Kong, but for the right candidate, elsewhere in Asia may also be a possibility.