ConnectedGroup is currently working in partnership with the American Club Foundation (ACF) to recruit a new CEO to continue their work in developing a caring, equitable and more sustainable Hong Kong. Having established their Section 88 structure, the role of this individual will be to continue to leverage their financial, human and venue resources to support local communities and grass-roots NGOs.
The CEO will head the Foundation and provide strategic leadership to and oversee operations of the Foundation, consistent with the Foundation's overall strategy, mission and vision. The CEO will report directly to the Foundation's Board of Directors.
Leadership, Operations, Strategy & Governance
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop the strategy, and long- and short-term objectives of the Foundation.
- Work with the Chair of the Foundation Board to prepare ACF Board materials and attend all Foundation Board meetings.
- Effectively lead, manage and supervise employees of the Foundation to create, implement and integrate the strategic direction and execute the day-to-day operations of the Foundation.
- Oversee the Foundation's finance function on financial management and control, including budgeting, reporting and the audit process.
- Work with the Foundation Governance Committee to manage all internal governance and operational issues for the Foundation, including corporate secretarial, tax and human resources matters of the Foundation.
Communications & Fundraising
- Be the primary spokesperson and manage external relations for the Foundation.
- Build alliances and partnerships with stakeholders, volunteers, American community partners, NGOs, social enterprises, and other local charities.
- Oversee the development, together with the Fundraising Committee, of annual and long-term fundraising targets and design fundraising programs to meet those targets.
- Oversee the development of a clear and effective communications, messaging, and branding strategy for the Foundation and work with the Communications Committee to ensure that the Foundation's message and impact is reaching the right audience in a timely manner.
Programs & Grants
- Develop and lead a grant making/NGO investment program for the ACF and monitor the impact of the grants.
- Design programs to engage the Foundation community.
- Set specific KPIs and goals for the Foundation each year and report via an annual report
- Research community issues and work and liaise with NGOs, social enterprises and community partners to understand local community needs
- Bachelor's degree or above.
- 10+ years work experience, including experience in a leadership role, NGO experience highly preferable.
- Compassionate and empathetic to the Foundation's mission and the underserved communities in Hong Kong.
- Proven leadership experience in project/people management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as a proactive team player.
- Excellent communication skills in English and preferably Cantonese.
- Legally entitled to work in Hong Kong.