Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise the Counter Team, to ensure all counter services are delivered in an efficient and accurate manner
- Ensure all counter transactions (i.e., cheque clearing, Autopay, Direct Debits) are processed compliance with internal & industry regulatory rules & procedures and banking practice.
- Act as Cash Administration Teller and authorize cash and cheques transactions (including autopay). Ensure the day-end cash closing, and outward clearing cheques are balanced.
- Coach and guide the subordinates and clerical staffs on proper procedures and policies, including disaster recovery drills, contingency rehearsal as instructed by HKICL
- Examine and honor cheque drawing presented over counter and those electronic clearing (Autopay, Direct Debit, etc.) through HK Clearing House's (HKICL) clearing system
- Handle irregular cases that may arise over counter. Monitor counter traffic and keep alert on banking hall
- Prepare suspicious transactions reports & large amount transaction reports for AML compliance, and any other related reporting and Banking Returns
- Diploma or degree holder with good academic result is preferred; Matriculated with relevant work experience
- 8 years' relevant experience in Cash / Deposit operations Department including 4 years in supervisory level; Less experience would be considered as Associate
- Experienced in deposit accounts handling and familiar with HKMA's AML compliance requirement on account transaction monitoring
- Practical experience in HK Clearing House rules & practice
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese