|Location||Hong Kong City|
Our client, a top tier Chinese Investment Bank, is looking for a Associate- Client onboarding to support the institutional business. This person will reports to the Chief Operating Officer directly
- Full responsibility and ownership of the overall implementation and navigate the firm and business partners to ensure implementation tasks and client on-boarding are completed on time and within firm's prescribed SLA and procedure.
- Ensure timely, accurate CDD reviews and risk assessment of new accounts, existing accounts, screening of counterparties, tracking, escalation and resolution of CDD deferrals, account slated for exit.
- Deliver on the internal customer experience while maintaining the highest standards of CDD/KYC.
- Assist in conducting AML/CFT risk assessment reviews and communicating results to both internal and external stakeholders where applicable.
- Handle various client checks including KYC, AML, CRS, World Check and FATCA Check.
- Ensure full compliance of all applicable regulations, AML policies and procedures when carrying out job duties as stipulated.
- Identify gaps and implement on-boarding controls and systems/process enhancement that are fit for purpose and will address current and future requirements in a rapidly changing regulatory environment and an evolving AML landscape, in line with industry best practices.
- Manage audit/regulatory inspections and ensure timely closure of audit issues and regulatory findings.
- Facilitate the development of company-wide culture of Compliance - promote ownership of front office as first line of defense through training and proactive engagement.
- Attend KYC/AML related seminar / training and provide training to the team and other relevant parties if necessary.
- University graduated in Business Administration, Finance or relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 8 years' relevant experience in client onboarding/ KYC with at least 2-3 years in a supervisory role.
- Strong and in-depth knowledge of client onboarding process, KYC, AML, documentation, regulations and market standards, having knowledge and experience on serving Brokerage and Investment banking clients will be an advantage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese (including Mandarin)