|Location||Hong Kong, Central and Western District|
Our client is a well-established garment manufacturer who is looking for a (Assistant) Fabric Sourcing Manager to join their expanding team.
- Managing the global procurement for fabrics, coordinate and negotiate with vendors on price, quality, quantity, lead times.
- Adhere to all sourcing schedules to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Collaborate proactively with suppliers, designers and merchandisers in identifying core and novel fabrics aligned with overall procurement strategy & direction.
- Assist & support the senior management in delivering, leading & executing the overall procurement strategy & vision.
- Research and keep abreast of fabric trends and technological developments.
- Work along with senior team members to continually add-value for customers and reduce costs of purchasing for the company.
- Place orders for test fabric, proto yardage and track accordingly
- Create and maintain seasonal fabric detail chart, fabric library for each season. Coordinate goods between fabric mill and garment factory.
- Oversee updating of Work in Progress tracking and validating dates corresponding to production calendar.
- Plan and monitor production deliveries, plus review and track vendor performance.
- Assess and evaluate the overall capabilities of all suppliers, mills & vendors and make recommendations to management, with support of Fabric Team Head.
- Identify key strategic procurement vendors from various geographic regions. Forge new relationships with mills/vendors globally while strengthening the existing network through ongoing engagement.
- Maintain the quality standard of raw materials. Evaluate existing and future material suppliers, to advise both customers and vendors on performance and corrective actions.
- Responsible for all testing and quality assurance control for all fabrics.
- Work on ad-hoc projects and tasks as assigned with the Senior Management aligned with the vision and strategy of the company.
- Minimum 7 years' experience in Manufacturing/RMG industry, with managerial experience.
- Graduate Degree in Textile, Garment or Industrial Engineering or in related field.
- Strong product and material knowledge and excellent negotiation skills.
- Highly motivated and result- driven individual.
- Capability to judge sensitive situations and react accordingly.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Able to work in a multitask environment.
- Good understanding of factory production workflow process will be preferred.
- Knowledge of sourcing (i.e. LEAN, Quality, Sustainability, Manufacturing processes).
- Excellent command on written and spoken English.
- Solid industry knowledge including market trends for new vendor sourcing and development
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools
- Candidates with more relevant experience will be considered as Fabric Manager.
Interested parties please send your updated CV to Kammy.Ng @ connectedgroup.com or click "Apply Now"